What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

replaced my downpipe with invidia catless one today...what heatshild do you recommend at?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

turbo blanket and wrap the downpipe (bit late seeing as you've already installed it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

does the blanket safe?

it can not be ignite due to the heat that the turbo create?

Interesting tid bit from Andy Forrest today in a email about the fuel pump issue I was having with the stutter:

"If the car has been tuned to match a low performing fuel pump, then a high flow pump is fitted, it is likely that the car will run too rich at high rpm/load and could misfire as a result."

You have to be careful when bolting things onto cars these days

replaced my downpipe with invidia catless one today...what heatshild do you recommend at? 

turbo blanket and wrap the downpipe (bit late seeing as you've already installed it

does the blanket safe?

it can not be ignite due to the heat that the turbo create?

Had a perrin blanket on for 3 years with no problems, they are that effective you can touch the top of the blanket after a couple hours drive and it's cool it's now residing on@sandals car

Interesting tid bit from Andy Forrest today in a email about the fuel pump issue I was having with the stutter:

"If the car has been tuned to match a low performing fuel pump, then a high flow pump is fitted, it is likely that the car will run too rich at high rpm/load and could misfire as a result."

You have to be careful when bolting things onto cars these days

On 6/15/2017 at 10:25 AM, kershaw-330s said:

Who ever says heat wrap doesn't do anything I think is slightly confused 🤦🏻‍♂️ , and no turbo blankets are totally safe I've seen forge Ines at reasonable prices online but make sure you buy a good brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are they confused? There's no proof that heat wrapping the exhaust does anything in particular. You put a heat wrap downpipe and a non heat wrapped down pipe on, there's little to no gains (.5 of a hp maybe)

Who ever says heat wrap doesn't do anything I think is slightly confused 🤦🏻‍♂️ , and no turbo blankets are totally safe I've seen forge Ines at reasonable prices online but make sure you buy a good brand

How are they confused? There's no proof that heat wrapping the exhaust does anything in particular. You put a heat wrap downpipe and a non heat wrapped down pipe on, there's little to no gains (.5 of a hp maybe)

This is exactly why it's not about hp gain it's about reliability and preventing the excessive amount of heat that you get from having tubular headers if your expecting some magical power gain then that's were the confusion comes , I wouldn't fit aftermarket headers with out some sort of heat protection ,

Heat soak would cause detonation. I don't think heat wrapping is ever done to gain HP. Simply to prevent the heat getting into other components. We all know not to gun it after being sat in traffic as the tmic will have taken a lot of heat in.

50 minutes ago, kershaw-330s said:

This is exactly why it's not about hp gain it's about reliability and preventing the excessive amount of heat that you get from having tubular headers if your expecting some magical power gain then that's were the confusion comes , I wouldn't fit aftermarket headers with out some sort of heat protection ,

Thought we were talking downpipe, not headers? yes heat soak is the enemy but you're talking minimal heat soak from a downpipe in my opinion. Headers are different, but again, I don't think there's THAT much of an advantage to doing so unless you're going to the track a lot.

I disagree and I was just replying to your comment stating it doesn't do anything . when it clearly does my headers you can touch after a drive with the magma wrap on , you wouldn't be able to do that without , like you say heat soak the enemy and when you have stainless tubular headers is will defiantly reduce engine bay temps dramatically , also it's proven that hotter air travels faster so if you have wrapped headers , downpipe and a turbo blanket it should make your turbo spool quicker

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Think what I think is more important with all of this is the down pipe sits right next to brake master cylinder and that lovely plastic reservoir, not I'm not saying its going to get hot enough to cause any problems.....but is it worth the chance, it's great making things go fast, but I also like to make them stop too!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, kershaw-330s said:

I disagree and I was just replying to your comment stating it doesn't do anything . when it clearly does my headers you can touch after a drive with the magma wrap on , you wouldn't be able to do that without , like you say heat soak the enemy and when you have stainless tubular headers is will defiantly reduce engine bay temps dramatically , also it's proven that hotter air travels faster so if you have wrapped headers , downpipe and a turbo blanket it should make your turbo spool quicker

Ok, so it keeps it cooler to the touch. Yes, hot air travels faster, that's true. You're also wrapping heat inside a pipe that's not made to do that, so you can potentially get cracks quicker from overheating as the exhuast isn't made for temps. like that, so it degrades the steel much quicker. Plus if you don't seal it somehow, moisture gets stuck in (@GeoffLeggy) etc. which can lead to rusting quicker. Plus it's ugly, adds expense, gets worse looking the older it gets (flakes etc.). If it's not done properly you could have problems (know someone who missed a small spot and it would start glowing red after a decent run), oil could drip on it and it could sink in and catch fire, extremely hard to find leaks/pain in the **** to fix once found, etc...

In saying that, creamic coating would be a better option (aside from being expensive) and it looks MINT.

DSC_0095-1.jpg

fitted my replacement side emblems. hair dryer and found cutting up old credit card was quite good to get glue off. was a pain still.

761b877f0c6a7293b172f9df2c7d1496.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

fitted my replacement side emblems. hair dryer and found cutting up old credit card was quite good to get glue off. was a pain still.

761b877f0c6a7293b172f9df2c7d1496.jpg

Nice where did you get the side emblems from I keep thinking about doing mine , but I can only find them in the states :/

I got mine from eBay and they came from Japan. but authentic parts about £67. I did find somewhere in the UK but had already ordered them. price was about the same.

Cheers gary , not so happy about the tree sap but very gratefull for the shade [emoji41]

Forgot about the tree sap but I could live with that rather than the sun beating down on my bold head lol [emoji41]