What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

1 minute ago, Jay762 said:

That does seem low for batt voltage - did you knock teh crank sensor when adjusting the timing?

I don’t think so, would that not give me a fault code? 

yes it would but from what I remember it is not always clear the code points to that - have you got the Battery on charge at the moment to try again? I know mine currently has a duff Battery (new one on way) and if it has not kept enough charge it will crank but not fire and then eventually just have the starter motor relay rattling

Try jumping it off another car ?

Can you hear the fuel pump priming and have you definitely got spark ? 

You can check for spark by removing 1 off the coilpacks , putting a spark plug in it and "earthing " the plug tip .

You should be able to see the plug fire when you crank it over , just Make sure you use insulated pliers 😉

13 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

Try jumping it off another car ?

Can you hear the fuel pump priming and have you definitely got spark ? 

You can check for spark by removing 1 off the coilpacks , putting a spark plug in it and "earthing " the plug tip .

You should be able to see the plug fire when you crank it over , just Make sure you use insulated pliers 😉

The car’s nose first in the garage, annoyingly. Fuel pump’s definitely priming. Haven’t checked the spark, purely down to the fact it started yesterday. 

It did keep cutting out due to the misfire (and me getting used to the new clutch if I’m completely honest 😂) so probably had to start the car a number times in under a mile so it’s taken a bit of a hammering...

She’s alive!! New Battery in, started right up. 

Still had a misfire, diagnostics showed cylinder number 4. The clip wasn’t on properly. Now running like a dream 😍. Do seem to have a slight oil leak from somewhere around oil filter/cooler so will have to look into that. 

• Like 4

Congrats! 

I'm happy for you.

I'm doing something pretty boring in comparison.

I'm removing my window weather stripping, wet and dry sanding them, and dying them black. 

• Like 2

Got my new to me turbo in boost feels really laggy but hit pretty hard. Problem is the apexi seems to be wanting all the boost 25+psi and can't seem to turn it down on the hand held. Finished the car at 3am now at work for the day. So not really had a chance to look into it. 

20190517_023734.jpg

• Like 3

@savage bulldogs Yeah I even labelled everything just to make sure. That's unlike me lol. I've reset the ecu back to base tune and it's just want to hit 22psi constantly and I hit 100 percent injector duty. I have only got 330cc's I  at the moment was trying to feel it out but I guess I could reset and throw my 440cc's. The apexi learns a little with the factory narrow band from my understanding could be way off though.

I've had my first problem with the car,  the aftermarket alarm so not really the cars fault.

It decided to disconnect the fob and the immobiliser was active, and guess who didnt have the manual override code. Me, the previous owner and the numb nut who installed it.

But in his infinate wisdom during the install he left the code on the back of the unit. 

Lucky me, it's the equivalent of writing your pin number on the back of your credit card.

Changed it now all sorted.

On a positive note I got myself a dual action polisher to improve the imperfections on the paint.

20190517_234449.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JamesJDMwagon said:

@savage bulldogs Yeah I even labelled everything just to make sure. That's unlike me lol. I've reset the ecu back to base tune and it's just want to hit 22psi constantly and I hit 100 percent injector duty. I have only got 330cc's I  at the moment was trying to feel it out but I guess I could reset and throw my 440cc's. The apexi learns a little with the factory narrow band from my understanding could be way off though.

The apexi has got fuel correction at idle and cruise and will make adjustments to fuel trim but at wot it does what its told (runs the map that's on it) so I wouldn't just chuck bigger injectors in .

What turbo did you have and what turbo have you fitted ? 

Same actuator or new one on the new turbo ?

• Like 1

Found the problem. Boost is fine 18psi but is hitting 100% duty on the base map that comes with the power fc. So I'm guessing that the fc model is for a sti as the code on it is ej20g just don't want to run it lean. I'll check the plugs tomorrow 

20190518_154226.jpg

• Like 1

Glad it was a easy vac line fix fella 😎

Think 18 psi is about 1.2 bar ? 

No Subaru base map is that high , I'd imagine it should be 0.8 bar max on a jdm .

Is that a aftermarket 3 port boost solenoid ? 

With that and a 1.2 bar boost target ,it would suggest it's not running a Subaru base map . 

My v1sti had grey 380cc injectors and a tdo5 as standard , at 0.8 bar it made 280hp from the factory. 

Running 1.2 bar on a tdo5 would require more fuel than the 380cc could supply,  so that's probably why your seeing 100% duty .

Personally I'd turn the boost down on the controller to a max of 1 bar . When you can afford it ,then fit the 440'cc injectors and get a mapper to tweek the map .

Then cross your fingers and save for a stronger box lol 

• Like 1

No probs,  always glad to help if I can 👍

I generally try to give advice from my own experience,  that way I know it's right and not just something I've read But I was told by a trusted source that at wot apexi will do as the map asks and will only adjust fuelling at part throttle. 

People slate the old skool "game boy " apexi for being old tech but it's tried n tested,  it works and still has tech support.  Which is more than can be said for some newer cheap ecus .

With a fmic and induction kit you should probably be on the "gc8 super intake" setting in the airflow section. But mine was mapped on that setting with those mods .

To get the most from the mods , I'd suggest to get it tweeked by a mapper , they'd adjust timing as well as fuelling and get the boost /torque curve nice n smooth. Plus the added bonus of better economy 😉

• Like 1

I broke it again 😞 

Driving up the m5 and the top hose blew coolant all over the engine! Haven’t had time to inspect it properly yet but I think the clamp on the engine side wasn’t seated properly. Annoying time for it to happen but there we go. 

• Sad 3

Adjusted hand brake

Found fog light bulb broken and when removed the unit as well found the little bit of fly eye sticker was hiding a broken lens.

Bulb replaced with MTEC items and will try and source a unit from a breaker end of month

Also confirmed issue with CV boot which I will get booked in to do - have done them before but it is so much easier with a ramp so will happily pay someone to do this job for me

20190518_153228.jpg

20190518_153239.jpg

• Like 1

A few pictures from a quick run out yesterday....got this beautiful place within 10 mins drive c2729da89e373ed89a764e25b9b72906.jpg2f11f44ce9a42ca35b33730d424c2e58.jpgf2e24a3e65c3f4e91c2da1ad98649786.jpg1078e1b9666dc19540b02df8532c3aa4.jpga1e3b410873485f452922e403bfb82d4.jpg336393482131fd13938411155da9884d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 5